Contact details

Plaza del Ayuntamiento
Oviedo, Asturias  (Asturias)
www.oviedo.es
Tel.:+34 984083800

Location

Autonomous region:
Asturias

Province/Island:
Asturias

Asturias

  • x

    Way of Saint James, the first European Cultural Route and World Heritage Site. See more


Description

  The Town Hall was built in 1622-1623 by the architect Juan de Naveda, and the building was restored and extended in 1939. The main door is presided by a marble lion brought from the fountain which in the early years of the 19th century stood in the main Plaza Mayor square, and has since been dismantled.

Construction:
Popular architecture

Artistic period:
Baroque

Historic period:
17th century

Map


WHAT IS THERE NEARBY? (within a 2 km radius)