Botillo (local cured meat) Festival
- When?: To be confirmed 2018
- Where: Bembibre
- More information : http://www.turismocastillayleon.com/es/arte-cultura-patrimonio/fiestas/festival-exaltacion-botillo
- Category: Festivity of National Tourist Interest
“Botillo” (local cured meat) Festival (León province)
This is a festival where you can sample “botillo”, a typical cured meat produced in the El Bierzo region.
This fiesta is held in the town of Bembibre (León province). It began its history in 1973 during a procession that is held every seven years known as the Saint’s Outing. Each February (may vary according to Easter date) since then, it has been traditional for all the restaurants in the region to offer “botillo” on their menus for a week. Furthermore, visitors can enjoy an Exhibition and Tasting of El Bierzo Products, where, besides “botillo”, you will also find chestnuts, honey, cheese and wines from the region. A large number of cultural events and a mass dinner complete the programme for the celebration.
- Date: To be confirmed 2018
Plaza Mayor, Nº 1
24300. Bembibre (León. Castile-Leon)
Schedules and prices
To be confirmed 2018
* Information may be subject to modifications