Exhibition: Rubens. Painter of Sketches
Museo del Prado
Prometheus. Rubens, Pieter Paul
The Prado Museum partners with the Boijmans Van Beuningen Museum in Rotterdam to present an exhibition focusing on oil sketches by Rubens, attesting to his important role in establishing this technique.
Preliminary studies in oils were first used by such artists as Caravaggio, Tintoretto, and Veronese in the 16th century, but the Flemish painter Rubens is considered to be their greatest exponent. While there are around a dozen extant oil sketches by earlier artists, around 450 can be firmly attributed to him. This exhibition celebrates Rubens’ contribution to European art history with around 70 sketches, plus around 20 finished paintings, drawings, and other works to provide context.
- Date: From Apr 10, 2018 to Aug 5, 2018
Paseo del Prado, s/n
Schedules and prices
- From Apr 10, 2018 to Aug 5, 2018
- From Monday to Saturday From 10:00 to 22:00
- Public holidays and Sunday From 10:00 to 19:00
- General: €15
- Reduced: €7,50
Free admission: Monday to Saturday, from 18:00 to 20:00. Sundays and public holidays, from 17:00 to 19:00.
* Information may be subject to modifications
WHAT CAN YOU DO IN SPAIN? BOOK YOUR ACTIVITY HERE
- Take a walk through the Judería de Córdoba and visit ...(+See more)
Enjoy the magic of Madrid at dusk with a Sightseeing ...(+See more)
- Stroll along the Guadalquivir River in Cordoba and ...(+See more)