What is the electrical voltage in Spain?

Voltage in Spain is 220 AC, 50 Hz. Plugs are two pin.

Can I use my Television set in Spain? The Spanish Television systems are Norma G for black;  white and Pal for colour. British sets are not suitable. Further information should be sought from the technical department of the manufacturer.  


Where can I get a tourist card and what are its advantages?

You can purchase a tourist card in many cities in Spain. Destinations such as Madrid, Barcelona, Bilbao, Gijón, León, Salamanca, Seville, Granada, Malaga, Toledo, Valencia and Zaragoza are some of the places where it is available. These types of cards are sold at tourist offices, airports, hotels and travel agencies. They usually include preferential admission to monuments and museums, and discounts on sightseeing, entertainment, transportation, shopping and restaurants. They are usually valid for one, two or three days (generally consecutive, as the card is activated the first time it is used). The price depends on the destination and the type of card, although it usually ranges between €10 and €60. In addition, there are special cards with a lower price for children. Many of the cards can be purchased online (we recommend you visit the official web page of your destination for more information). After the purchase, you can have the card sent to your home, or pick it at any of the points provided in the city for this purpose (generally airports, train stations and tourist resorts). You'll find more information at the following links: Madrid tourist card Barcelona tourist card Barcelona tourist NightCard Bilbao tourist card Gijón tourist card León tourist card Salamanca tourist card Seville tourist card Granada tourist card Murcia tourist card Palma tourist card Las Palmas de Gran Canaria tourist card Toledo tourist card Valencia tourist card Zaragoza tourist card


What is the procedure to lodge a complaint for a tourist service?

During your stay in Spain, you have the right to receive quality services that correspond to what travel companies advertise. If you do not, you have the right to lodge a complaint. The law dictates that all commercial establishments must have complaint forms at the disposal of the client, announced by a clearly posted sign. Such complaints can be made at the establishment itself, at tourist information offices, and at Public Administration offices (Local, Autonomous, and National). If your complaint is proven to be truthful, the Public Administration will fine the establishment, or tourist service in question.


Which system of weights and measures is used in Spain?

Spain uses the Metric (Decimal) System, with seven basic units of measurement, known as the International System of Units (SI), which is valid throughout the European Union. The system governs all units of weight, measurement and distance (metre, kilogram, second, litre, ton…).


Is tap water safe to drink?

In Spain, drinking water is guaranteed everywhere in the country. Nonetheless, in some areas of the Mediterranean coast and islands it is more common to drink bottled water.