Caminito del Rey
Discover the famous Caminito del Rey, spectacular runway on vertical limestone cliffs in the Natural Protected area of Desfiladero de los Gaitanes in Malaga, Andalusia. This will be a once in a lifetime experience never to forget.
This path was originally constructed as an access to the dam in the Guadalhorce River during the early 20th century en was inaugurated by the Spanish king Alfonso XIII, since then the path was called Caminito del Rey, the Kings´ path.
Although many years the path with its stunning views was left in abandoned it never lost its glance and people from all over the world continued visiting it despite its very dangerous state.
In recent year the wooden runways have been completely restored and are no open for public, visit are regulated and only allowed with a guide for safety reason. The complete route is 7.7 km long from which 2.8 km are over runways, access is no possible for all ages and has no technical difficulties.
In this package are included a return train ticket with high-speed AVE train from Madrid to Malaga, local transport to the Caminito del Rey, guide, audio-guide, overnight stay in hotel in Málaga and city tour in Malaga.
- Price: €214 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
- Duration: 2 Day
- Date available from: 26/05/2016
- Date available to: 21/01/2018
- Additional information: Departure from Madrid every Saturday.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. In the city. Nature. Hiking
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: PANGEA
Information supplied by the providerPrint
Former railway bridge path´s access
Espectacular runway path
NP Desfiladero de los Gaitanes
Camininito del Rey
Other activities you may find interesting
€10 per person (including taxes)
A tour of the historical center of Seville historic ... (+See more)
€12 per person (including taxes)
Exclusive visit to Casa de Pilatos by means of ... (+See more)