Mosquera´s farmhouse, Almanzor, The Moorish and Almedijar
We’ll be located in one of the very hearts of the immense Sierra de Espadán’s Natural Park. What makes this territory really special are its dense cork-tree forests, which thousands of years ago decided to live here because of the special geological and climatic characteristics. It's the authentic Mediterranean Jungle.
We’ll begin our journey investigating deeper into Mosquera’s valley, letting ourselves be guided by a vast and wild landscape to the eponymous farmhouse, the ancient cork production centre which corked wines and cavas in all Spain. After a simple descent down to Almanzor’s ravine (who was this character? And what did him have to do with a monumental chestnut-tree?) and having learned almost everything about the past and present uses of this impressive forest, we will reach the ancient Moorish population of Almedíjar, famous for its mineral water sources, its organic cheeses made in the traditional manner (fermented with thistle’s flower) and its red wines, which are already achieving more and more fame each time. All this you’ll be able to taste before finishing the activity at lunchtime.
Meeting point: Almedíjar
Approx. duration: 5 h
Recomm. age: Children from 6
Distance: 6 km
- Price: €26.75 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French
Almedíjar (Castellón - Castelló)
- Duration: 1 Day
- Date available from: 12/01/2018
- Date available to: 31/12/2020
- Additional information: Kids younger than 8, FREE! 15% discount groups of 4/+ people.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors
- Who is it for?: Young people. Families. Adults without children. Senior. LGBT
- Organising company: ITINERANTUR -Rutas. Cultura. Natura.-
Information supplied by the providerPrint
Sierra de espadán Natural Park.
Itinerantur pack lunch
Los Corrales Cheeses.