Pérez Enciso Ethnographic and Textile Museum of Plasencia
This museum pays tribute to the traditional culture, crafts and utensils of Extremadura.
Set in the old Santa María hospital complex, it was inaugurated in 1989 and is a homage to the traditional culture of Extremadura. The majority of its 5,000 pieces belong to the collection of Pedro Pérez Enciso and include ceramics, wooden carvings, pottery, tools used in the manufacture of linen and wool, photographs of traditional Cáceres architecture, typical Extremadura clothing, trousseaus, handkerchiefs, embroidery and lace.
- Designation: Municipal museum
- Artistic period: Costumbrista
- Content: Textile
- From Sep 17 to Jun 30
- From Wednesday to Saturday From 11:00 to 14:00 From 17:00 to 20:00
- Public holidays and Sunday From 11:00 to 14:00
- Closing days: Monday, Tuesday
- From Jul 01 to Sep 16
- From Monday to Saturday From 09:30 to 14:30
- Closing days: Public holidays
- Admission free