City History Museum
The City History Museum is dedicated to research, conservation and promotion of Barcelona's heritage. It is an active institution that interprets and explains the city not only through its own collections but also through those of other museums and the urban heritage it comprises. Visitors can get to know the history of Barcelona through objects from the past. So, beneath Plaza del Rei square, Calle Comtes street, Plaza de Sant Lu square, the Marès Museum and part of the Gothic cathedral, you can visit archaeological sites with important remains that show the origins of the city known as Colonia Iulia Augusta Faventia Paterna Barcino, founded by the Romans 2,000 years ago.
- Designation: Municipal museum
- Content: History
- From Tuesday to Saturday From 10:00 to 19:00
- Sunday From 10:00 to 20:00
- Closing days: Monday
Closed: 1 January, 1 May, 24 June, 25 December.
- General: €7
- Reduced: €5
- Children: Admission free
- ICOM members and associations: Admission free
- Admission free primer domingo de mes,todos los domingos a partir de la 15.00 h.