- When?: To be confirmed 2018
- Where: Cuenca
- More information : http://turismo.cuenca.es/portal/lang__en/default.aspx
- Category: Festivity of Tourist Interest
- Theme: Popular
This is one of the most important festivities in Cuenca. Its origins date historically from the conquest of the city by Alfonso VIII in 1177, as the monarch is believed to have rewarded his troops with a great celebration.
The festivity takes place every September, and revolves around two different events: the solemn ceremony of the transfer of the Standard of the Castilian monarch Alfonso VIII, and the festival which has been enshrined for centuries by Royal Decree, consisting of a popular bullfight with young bulls in the Plaza Mayor square. In addition to parades, the festivity also features dancing by night, concerts, competitions, fireworks and cultural activities.
- Date: To be confirmed 2018
Cuenca (Castile-La Mancha)
Tel. +34 969 176 100
Schedules and prices
To be confirmed 2018
* Information may be subject to modifications