Northern Route stage 27: Piñera - A Caridá
Camino de Santiago
This stage passes through...
Piñera, La Venta, La Colorada, Navia, Coaña, , Folgueras, Jarrio, El Caleyón, Castello, Arboces, A Pasadía, A Caridá
- Route belonging to:
- The Way of Saint James
- Name of route:
- Northern Route
- 13,70 km
- Mode of transport
- 4,00. Bicycle
- Main difficulties
- Between Cartavio and La Caridad there is a long stretch undergoing roadworks, which makes it impossible to use the paths. The best way is to continue the route along the N-634 road. Piñera, 13 kilometres from Luarca, has a pilgrims' hostel, but there are no services. There is only a grocer's at the entrance, although pilgrims are sometimes served meals at the hostel.
- Flora, fauna and crops
- Wood furniture, furniture restoration and decoration. Handicrafts and decoration, knife making.
- Craft products
- Local specialities include pote de berzas (hearty soup with turnip greens), fish and shellfish from Ortiguera and Viavélez, pitu de caleya (free-range chicken), rice pudding and Asturian crêpes.
- Gastronomic products, cakes and pastries
- Typische Gerichte in der Gegend sind der Wirsingeintopf, Fisch und Meeresfrüchte aus Ortiguera und Viavélez, Pitu de Caleya (Freilandhuhn), Milchreis und die asturischen Crêpes Frixuelos.