Northern Route stage 17: San Vicente de la Barquera (Cantabria) - Bustio (Asturias)
San Vicente de la Barquera
This stage passes through...
San Vicente de la Barquera, La Acebosa, Serdio, Pesués, Unquera, Bustio
- Route belonging to:
- The Way of Saint James
- Name of route:
- Northern Route
- Mode of transport
- Main difficulties
- It is important to watch carefully for signposts, as they may be covered by vegetation.
- Flora, fauna and crops
- The local flora consists mainly of oak, chestnut, willow, holm oak, alder, eucalyptus, American poplar, false olive, heather and furze. The fauna includes salamanders, toads, slow-worms, lizards, hen harriers, kestrels, laughing gulls, cormorants, peregrine falcons, black redstarts, weasels, foxes, mallards, curlews, common egrets, herons and common cranes.
- Craft products
- Pottery, wood, clogs, rebecs (stringed instruments) and walking sticks.
- Gastronomic products, cakes and pastries
- Typical delicacies are the pastries from Unquera.