Northern Route stage 11: El Pontarrón de Guriezo - Colindres
Camino de Santiago
This stage passes through...
El Pontarrón de Guriezo, La Magdalanea, Manás, Liendo, Barrio de Hazas, Tarrueza, Santa Ana, Colindres
- Route belonging to:
- The Way of Saint James
- Name of route:
- Northern Route
- 25,00 km
- Mode of transport
- 6,00. Horseback
- 3,00. Bicycle
- 4,00. Walking
- Main difficulties
- The climb up to La Magdalena is hard going; this is a legendary stage on the Vuelta Ciclista annual Spanish cycle race.
- Flora, fauna and crops
- The local vegetation features abundant oaks, chestnut, yew, holm oak and acacia; and the fauna includes both horses and cows.
- Craft products
- Wicker baskets and wood crafts.
- Gastronomic products, cakes and pastries
- Red kidney beans, scale fern (known as "harbour tea"), and fish preserved in brine.