French Route stage 37: Melide - Arzúa
Camino de Santiago
This stage passes through...
Melide, Santa María de Melide, O Raído, Boente, Castañeda, O Pedrido, Ribadiso, Arzúa
- Route belonging to:
- The Way of Saint James
- Name of route:
- French Route
- 14,00 km
- Flora, fauna and crops
- The local vegetation consists mainly of oaks, chestnut, pine, eucalyptus and birch trees. And the fauna includes trout, partridges, rabbits, and wild boar; crops are mostly garden produce, corn, and potatoes.
- Craft products
- This area is famous for its leatherwork (bags, belts, shoes and bracelets…)
- Gastronomic products, cakes and pastries
- The local gastronomic specialities are octopus, cheese, sweet cakes and macaroons.
- Rest areas
- Recreational area at the Furelos river, and the O Barreiro rest area.