Turismo de Navarra
Church of San Miguel
Plaza de San Miguel
31200 Estella-Lizarra, Navarre (Navarre)
A sample of the best Romanesque in Navarre.
It is built in the Romanesque to Gothic transitional style, apparent in the combination of elements from both styles inside.
It is a simple church. The richly ornamental northern front is in the Romanesque style and is considered one of the best in Navarre. The most interesting elements are the reliefs on either side of the front, which represent scenes from the Resurrection and the struggle of the Archangel St. Michael. The interior houses a Gothic reredos painted on stucco. It serves as the grave of the marquis of Muruzábal and Eguía. Of note among the sculptures on the reredos is a 17th century San Crispín.
- Construction: Church
- Artistic period: Romanesque
- Historic period: 12th century
- Setting: Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Church of San Pedro de la Rúa, Palace of the Dukes of Granada de Ega, City Hall.
- From Monday to Saturday From 18:30 to 20:00
- Public holidays and Sunday From 08:30 to 12:00
- Admission free