Lorca


Ex-collegiate church of San Patricio


Contact details

Plaza de España s/n
30800  Lorca, Murcia  (Murcia)
www.lorca.es/
Tel.:+34 968441914

Location

Murcia

Description

Ex-collegiate church of San Patricio

  It dates from the 16th to 18th centuries and thus presents a diversity of styles, ranging from the Renaissance in the vaults of the ambulatory to the Baroque style of the main façade. Its construction began under the orders of José Vallés, and was declared a collegiate church in 1533. It has three naves with twelve chapels, a transept and an ambulatory. The façade is Baroque. The retrochoir was built in the 18th century on the orders of Toribio Martínez de la Vega. It commemorates the Castilian victory in the Battle of Los Alporchones over the Nasrid army.

  • Construction: Collegiate church
  • Artistic period: Renaissance

Map



WHAT IS THERE NEARBY? (within a 2 km radius)


X Switch to mobile version