La Cartuja Monastery
Although the original plans were Medieval, it is completely Baroque.
It was not ultimately built until 1515, and thus the Cartuja moved further from its initial concept of austerity towards a combination of work by a variety of artists in the church, sacristy and sacrarium. The site marks the height of Andalusian Baroque. The vestry, in fact, is considered one of the towering works of Spanish Late Baroque. Its richly decorated interior includes elements such as marble, columns, carved wood and different inlaid materials. It houses a valuable collection of paintings by artists such as Sánchez Cotán and Bocanegra, amongst others.
- Construction: Carthusian monastery
- Artistic period: Renaissance
- Historic period: 16th century
- From Apr 01 to Oct 31
- From Monday to Sunday From 10:00 to 13:00 From 16:00 to 20:00
- From Nov 01 to Mar 31
- From Monday to Sunday From 10:00 to 13:00 From 15:00 to 18:00
- General: €4
- Reduced: €2,50