Casa del Chapiz house
Large Moorish house
Since 1932, the State has used the building as the School of Arab Studies of the CSIC (Senior Council for Scientific Research).
It is a building made up of two 16th century Arab houses. They belonged to the moriscos Hernán López el Feri and Lorenzo el Chapiz, respectively. Nowadays it is considered the largest and most famous Moorish house in Granada. Pieces of Mudejar art can be found inside.
- Construction: Public building
- Artistic period: Renaissance
- Historic period: 16th century
- From Jan 01 to Jun 30
- From Monday to Friday From 08:00 to 18:00
- From Jul 01 to Aug 31
- From Monday to Friday From 08:00 to 15:00
- Admission free