Ayuntamiento de Ceuta
Image of the monument
A remembrance of the Spanish soldiers
Located in the heart of Plaza de África, this commemorative monument was inaugurated on 4 May 1895. It is a thirteen-metre high, Neo Gothic-style monolith built in stone. It also has a crypt which is closed to visitors, where the remains of some of the heroes of the African War (1859-1860) are entombed.
- Construction: Monolith
- Artistic period: Neo-Gothic
- Historic period: 19th century