Exhibition: Goya and the Illustrated Court
Museo Nacional de El Prado
Francisco de Goya. Blind Man’s Buff, 1788
- When?: From Sep 28, 2017 to Jan 21, 2018
- Where: Zaragoza
- More information : https://obrasociallacaixa.org/es/cultura/caixaforum-zaragoza/que-hacemos
- Activity: Exhibition
- Theme: Painting
Over 80 works of art, mainly oil paintings and cartoons, are gathered for this exhibition, which takes a unique look at the development of Francisco de Goya at the start of his career as a court painter.
The Aragonese artist achieved his childhood dream in 1775, when he arrived at the court of Charles III and was commissioned to produce cartoons for tapestries on hunting themes to decorate the palace of El Escorial. Eleven years later, he was appointed Court Painter, and in 1799, the first King’s Painter to Charles IV. His development as an artist was strongly marked by this period. The exhibition places Goya in context with other significant 18th century artists, such as Mariano Maella, José del Castillo, Luis Paret, and Lorenzo Tiepolo.
- Date: From Sep 28, 2017 to Jan 21, 2018
Schedules and prices
- From Sep 28, 2017 to Jan 21, 2018
- From Monday to Sunday From 10:00 to 20:00
- General: €4
* Information may be subject to modifications