Exhibition: Miquel Barceló. Noah’s Ark
Universidad de Salamanca.
Miquel Barceló with the work that gives the exhibition its name
- When?: From Apr 28, 2017 to Oct 1, 2017
- Where: Salamanca University
- More information : http://centenario.usal.es/exposicion-el-arca-de-noe-miquel-barcelo/
- Activity: Exhibition
- Theme: Modern art, Sculpture, Painting
The University of Salamanca is organising a Miquel Barceló exhibition in the run-up to its 800th anniversary celebrations. Paintings, sculptures, ceramics, drawings, and even performance art: 80 works by the Mallorcan artist have been gathered for a major show.
The exhibition ‘Miquel Barceló. Noah’s Ark’ is chronological. Visitors begin with the 26 watercolours in the University’s Patio de Escuelas. They were painted by Barceló from 2001 to 2003 to illustrate the Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri. Other works are on display for the first time, and most are from the last five years.The art of Barceló, who created the logo to commemorate the University’s centenary, will be on show from 28 April in various rooms and locations in the University (the chapel of the Colegio Arzobispo Fonseca, and galleries in the Hospedería Fonseca and Patio de Escuelas), in the Anaya Palace, and in the Plaza Mayor or main square of Salamanca. The exhibition will be open until 1 October.
- Date: From Apr 28, 2017 to Oct 1, 2017
Patio de Escuelas, s/n.
37008. Salamanca (Castile-Leon)
Tel. +34 923294400
Fax. +34 923294502
Schedules and prices
- From Apr 28, 2017 to Oct 1, 2017
- From Tuesday to Saturday From 11:00 to 14:00 From 17:30 to 20:30
- Public holidays and Sunday From 10:00 to 14:00
- Closing days: Monday
See other opening times at the Anaya Palace and the Patio de Escuelas Menores.
Free guided tours from 17 May, every Wednesday and Friday (6 - 8 pm) without booking.
* Information may be subject to modifications