Exhibition: Farideh Lashai. When I Count, There Are Only You…
Museo Nacional del Prado
The gallery showing When I Count, There Are Only You… But When I Look, There is Only a Shadow, by Farideh Lashai.
The Iranian artist Farideh Lashai was inspired by Goya’s series of etchings, “Disasters of War”, and others of his works, such as the “Black Paintings” and “The Third of May”, for her video installation “When I Count, There Are Only You… But When I Look, There is Only a Shadow”.
The Prado Museum and the Friends of the Prado Foundation present an exhibition in which Lashai empties Goya’s images of figures and reworks them to bring them to life and project them with a moving spotlight. The Iranian artist’s dialogue with Goya reaffirms the contemporary appeal and accessibility of the painter’s message, two centuries later. This exhibition is part of the programme ‘The Invited Work’, which since 2010 has sought to inspire reflection on the museum’s collection.
- Date: From May 30, 2017 to Sep 10, 2017
Paseo del Prado, s/n
Schedules and prices
- From May 30, 2017 to Sep 10, 2017
- From Monday to Saturday From 10:00 to 20:00
- Public holidays and Sunday From 10:00 to 19:00
- General: €15 Mondays Saturdays, 6 pm 8 pm. Sunday and public holidays, 5 pm 7 pm
- Admission free
* Information may be subject to modifications