Duane Michals Exhibition
Left - Rigamarole, 2012. Ferrotype with oil paint applied by hand. 36.19 x 25.71 cm. Carnegie Museum of Art, Pittsburgh. The William T. Hillman Fund for Photography, 2013.61 // Right - Pasolini, 1969 Silver gelatin print with hand-written text. 27.94 x 35.56 cm. Courtesy of DC Moore Gallery, New York
- When?: From May 31, 2017 to Sep 10, 2017
- Where: Fundación Mapfre, Casa Garriga i Nogués Gallery
- More information : https://www.fundacionmapfre.org/fundacion/es_es/exposiciones/sala-casa-garriga-nogues/
- Activity: Exhibition
- Theme: Photography
The work of the American photographer Duane Michals ranges across many different forms of expression. This diversity is reflected in this retrospective, which can be visited until 10 September at the Fundación Mapfre in Barcelona.
Now 84 years old, Michals continues taking photographs and inventing techniques to serve his need for self-expression. Considered an important figure in the American avant-garde, the artist tears down the barriers between photography and other disciplines, such as poetry and painting. Michals may be considered to have renewed the language of photography. He often includes hand-written texts on his printed portrait photos. His personality, concerns, and sense of humour can be sensed in almost all of his work.
- Date: From May 31, 2017 to Sep 10, 2017
Fundación Mapfre, Casa Garriga i Nogués Gallery
Schedules and prices
- From May 31, 2017 to Sep 10, 2017
- Monday From 14:00 to 20:00
- From Tuesday to Saturday From 10:00 to 20:00
- Public holidays and Sunday From 11:00 to 19:00
From Tuesday to Sunday
- General: €3
Mondays - free entrance, 2 pm to 8 pm.
* Information may be subject to modifications