THE THREE KINGS´MOUNT: Origin old christian kingdom Valencia
In this activity we will walk from Fredes to visit the Three Kings’ Mount (Tossal dels Tres Reis in catalan-valencian language), 1356 m high (4000 ft.), one of the most important peaks of Els Ports’ massif. Its exceptionality comes from being the point where the borders of three kingdoms of the old Crown of Aragón converged. During this route we won’t only discover some of the natural and cultural secrets of the spectacular Tinença de Benifassà’s county, but we will also explain and discuss the history these mountains tell us: the Muslims (ancient indigenous inhabitants), James I (AKA the Conqueror), the process of the Christian Reconquista, the founding of the Kingdom of Valencia and its importance in the Middle Ages, etc.
When arriving to the top, we will enjoy the delicious local products lunch and continue telling "war stories" about our historical but also mythological past. During the descent back to Fredes through a stunning forest we’ll meet one of the wildest areas throughout the country.
Meeting point: Fredes (La Pobla de Benifassà)
Approx. duration: 4 h
Recomm. age: Children from 10
Distance: 9,5 km
- Price: €23.75 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.French
Pobla de Benifassà, La (Castellón - Castelló)
- Duration: 1 Day
- Date available from: 13/07/2016
- Date available to: 31/12/2018
- Comments date: 15% discount groups of 4/+ people.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Nature. Hiking
- Who is it for?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Organising company: ITINERANTUR -Rutas. Cultura. Natura.-
Information supplied by the providerPrint
Other activities you may find interesting
€102.5 per person (including taxes)
At ‘La Quinta del Chocolatero’ we believe in the small, ... (+See more)
Barco de Ávila, El, ...
€25 per person (including taxes)
Few people know that one of the most outstanding but ... (+See more)