Hiking to Teide Peak from Montaña Blanca
Ascent to Teide Peak
Join this unique adventure and reach the peak of the highest mountain in Spain. In addition, thanks to the special permit from the park, you will be able to visit the volcano's crater from which you will see breathtaking vistas. Without a doubt, an experience dedicated to hiking enthusiasts. A mix of adrenaline, individual achievement, physical and psychological control, living nature...
Details of the route to Teide Peak
The route begins on Montaña Blanca (2,320 m) following pumice stone and lava trails with gradual inclines. After an hour and a half of hiking, the trail will begin to narrow and become steeper until reaching the Altavista Mountain Refuge (3,260 m). There we will take a rest to eat and let our bodies adapt to the pressure and climate. The hike will continue along paths of petrified lava until reaching the Cable Car station (3,550 m), where we can enjoy spectacular views of the park and the rest of the island.
From here the ascent is more difficult until reaching the crater of the volcano; this part of the hike is not recommended for people suffering from heart ailments. Once we reach the peak will will be able to rest for a while and enjoy the magnificent panorama of the archipelago. We will descend to the upper station on foot and take the Cable Car to the lower station (price not included).
- Price: €55 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English.German
Orotava, La (Tenerife)
- Duration: 9 Hours
- Date available from: 18/01/2016
- Date available to: 30/04/2018
- Additional information: Variable dates.
- Category of the activity: Circuits and visits. The great outdoors. Nature. Hiking
- Who is it for?: Young people. Adults without children. LGBT
- Organising company: VOLCANO LIFE
Information supplied by the providerPrint