Quercus Route: MTB-extreme in Sierra Morena
Quercus Route is a self-guided itinerary divided into stages, across Sierra Morena (Cordoba province), following some sections of The Mozarab Way of Santiago, and others marked or unmarked paths in amazing natural landscapes. We provide the maps, tracks for GPS, and a description of the stages. We also book the accommodations including the dinner and breakfast in rural houses and hotels, and we can also transport the backpacks from the start to the finish point (optional). The participants only have to enjoy the experience, view the landscape, try the typical gastronomy and talk with the local inhabitants.
Quercus Route is a sport itinerary for adventurous people. You can discover the most wonderful landscapes and villages of the Sierra Morena mountain hills, like the Guadalmellato valley, Puntuales’ mountains, Obejo, Guadalbarbo valley, Villharta, El Vacar, Santiago Mozarabic way, Bejarano stream, Guadalquivir valley and large countrysides.
This is a modality designed for bikers with high level: 175 km in two stages, with 4918 m of altitude accumulated, which point out on their difficulty and toughness. In spite of this great effort, finishing this race and contemplating the villages, landscapes and others places will be really satisfactory.
- Price: €130 per person (including taxes)
- Activities available in the following languages: Spanish.English
Villafranca de Córdoba (Cordoba)
- Duration: 2 Day
- Date available from: 07/11/2014
- Date available to: 31/10/2017
- Comments date: The most advisable seasons to do this route are autumn, winter and spring, because in summer the temperature can reach 40ºC in the shade. In summer, you must start each step at sunrise and finish every day before midday
- Category of the activity: Sport and adventure. Mountain biking. Nature
- Who is it for?: Young people. Adults without children. Senior
- Organising company: Rutas Sur
Information supplied by the providerPrint
oak-savanna in Obejo
Hills near to Villafranca