Audioguided Tarragona Cathedral Visit
Discover the largest Cathedral in Catalonia, one of the jewels of Tarragona – UNESCO World Heritage city.
A journey through two thousand years of history, art, culture and architecture.
An experience recommended for youth, adults, students and seniors.
The Cathedral of Santa Maria de Tarragona, situated in the highest point of Tarragona, is one of Spain's oldest and main cathedrals –Metropolitan and Primatial, consecrated on 4th of July 1331 and declared a National Monument in April 1905. Built over the ruins of the ancient Roman temple of Augustus and dedicated to St. Thecla, the patron saint of the city, it is one of the most emblematic visits of Costa Dorada, and a symbol of Tarragona city.
Audio guided visit allows the visitors to discover the site of the Cathedral at their own pace with all the detailed information on the history and the artistic and architectural heritage of the Cathedral on a tour of 42 key points, starting at the main entrance, to the former refectory canons which houses the Chamber I of the Diocesan Museum. Available in Catalan, Spanish, French, English, German, Italian and Russian.
Don't miss the chance to admire this spectacular 14th-century monumental site, which combines a predominance of Romanesque and Gothic styles to create a space which is original and unique throughout the world.
Please mind that an adequate dress code and respectful attitude are necessary during the visits.
As to ensure the respect to the historical spaces, the use of flash and/or other artificial illumination devices is not permitted in the Cathedral complex.
Accessibility: The Cathedral, Cloister and Diocesan Museum is accessible for persons with special needs.
*The entrance fees contribute to the maintenance, conservation and restoration of The Cathedral of Santa Maria de Tarragona.
- Preis: 7€ pro Person (einschl. Steuern)
- Aktivitäten in folgenden Sprachen verfügbar: Spanisch.Englisch.Französisch.Deutsch.Italienisch
- Dauer: 1 Stunden, 30 Minuten
- Datum verfügbar ab: 14/10/2016
- Datum verfügbar bis: 31/12/2017
- Weitere Informationen: The Tarragona Cathedral is open to public throughout the year, from Monday to Saturday. The complex is closed to the public for the tourist visits on Religious holidays and Sundays, except during the high season, when it opens in the afternoons.
- Kategorie des Aktivitäten: Routen und Besichtigungen. Städte
- Für wen?: LGBT. Senior. Adults without children. Families. Young people
- Veranstalter: DNA Expertus
Vom Anbieter bereitgestellte InformationDrucken
Sastres Chapel & Audio Guide
Cloister Mother & Son
Cathedral Central Nave
Aisle of Cloister