San Simón da Costa cheese
Hvor i Spanien er det typisk?
- Selvstyrende region: Galicia
Traditional Galician cheese keeping all the traditional and ancestral manufacturing techniques intact.
This delicious cow's cheese has been made in the shape of a pear, top or bullet, similar to "tetilla" but rather taller. It is curdled with rennet from a pig's stomach and, after maturing for at least sixty days, it is smoked with birch wood. Its has a yellow/ochre greasy rind. Inside, it is compact, quite hard, yellow in colour tending towards strawish and with a slightly smoked, spicy flavour. It is very tasty, not very fatty and not at all salty. It is a cheese that is between mild and medium mature and is eaten as a dessert or aperitif. It is sold with the label recognised by the Designation of Origin.
Oplysninger om produkt
- Type produkt: Others
- Sæson: It is made all year round.
- Oprindelse: The production area includes two places in the province of Lugo: Villalba (San Simón da Costa, Samarugo, Vilapedre and Moreda (Lanzós)) and Murás (Balsa and Viveiró).
- Anbefalede drikkevarer: Crianza and young reds.
- Energy: Average
- Cholesterol: Average
- Bemærkninger: Rich in calcium, protein and fat.