Hvor i Spanien er det typisk?
- Selvstyrende region: Galicia
This is one of the traditional cheeses of Galicia, whose home elaboration is widespread and deeply rooted. In Arzúa, La Coruña, it is still made by hand.
In the provinces of La Coruña and Lugo, this delicious fresh, semi-cured or cured cheese is made with milk from Rubia Gallega, Frisian or Alpine Brown cows. It is a small to medium disc-shaped cheese that weighs between 300 grams and 2 kilos. The rind is smooth and thin, closed and straw yellow in colour. The inside is compact, soft and ivory colour. The paste is smooth, slightly salty, somewhat oily on the palate and with a highly characteristic touch of acid. It is made in very much the same way as the Tetilla Cheese, but the shape obtained is quite different. It is sold with the label recognised by the Denomination of Origin.
Oplysninger om produkt
- Type produkt: Others
- Sæson: Year-round.
- Oprindelse: The production area covers the cheeses made in the Arzúa region, which includes 13 towns in the province of La Coruña.
- Anbefalede drikkevarer: Arzua Cheese is delicious with white wines and non-crianza red wines.
- Slags: The available varieties are fresh, semi-cured and cured.
- Energy: Average
- Cholesterol: Average
- Bemærkninger: Rich in Calcium.