Paprika from Murcia
Ground red pepper
Hvor i Spanien er det typisk?
- Selvstyrende region: Murcia
Paprika from Murcia is a natural condiment, intense red in colour, with a strong flavour and aroma, which is obtained from grinding red peppers.
Its origins date back to the introduction of the pepper to Spain following the conquering of Mexico. The process of obtaining the paprika has two phases; drying the vegetable and then grinding them. The drying process, following dehydration produced by a heat treatment, usually lasts two weeks. Then it is classified according to type and quality (sweet, bittersweet or spicy), the grinding process begins, and, finally, it is packaged. Although its primary destination is the delicatessen industry, it is also a common element in home cooking. It is a widely used condiment in many traditional Spanish dishes, accompanying fish (octopus or ray), all types of stews, and as an essential ingredient in most Spanish sausages.
Oplysninger om produkt
- Type produkt: Others
- Sæson: It is produced in autumn and sold year-round.
- Oprindelse: The most important paprika production areas in Murcia are the towns of Cabezo de Torres and Espinardo.
- Anbefalede drikkevarer: Depends on the dish in which it is used.
- Opskrifter: Fideuá
- Energy: Low
- Cholesterol: 0
- Bemærkninger: Rich in Carotene.