Hvor i Spanien er det typisk?
- Selvstyrende region: Navarre
Cuajada is a product obtained from sheep's milk and natural curd.
It was traditionally a product made by the local shepherds, who heated the milk and added lamb curd. The curd has a characteristic smooth, creamy, and delicate texture, as well as an unmistakable dairy taste that is pleasant on the palate. Honey or sugar are normally added for consumption. It is presented in small earthenware or ceramic dishes. It is a very popular product and industrial production surpasses traditional handcrafted production.
Oplysninger om produkt
- Type produkt: Others
- Sæson: It may be consumed year-round.
- Oprindelse: The production area for Cuajada includes the mountainous region of Navarre, which covers the entire northern part of the province.
- Anbefalede drikkevarer: Dessert wines.
- Hvor kan det købes?: Cuajada is available in most supermarkets on the peninsula. Its industrial production has brought it to all consumers.
- Opskrifter: Baztán curd cheese
- Energy: Average
- Cholesterol: Average
- Bemærkninger: Rich in calcium and high in calories.