Priego de Córdoba olive oil
Hvor i Spanien er det typisk?
- Selvstyrende region: Andalusia
The oil from Bética, in the southeast of the province of Córdoba, where Priego lies, was already a source of wealth in the time of the Romans.
Extra virgin olive oil, obtained from the olive or fruit of the olive tree, of the Picuda variety and, to a lesser degree, Hojiblanca and Picual. It is produced in the county of Priego, where a total of approximately 45,000 hectares of olive trees are grown for this oil; of these, about 60% produce only the Picuda variety. Harvesting is done manually, from the tree, without any effect on the qualities of the oil obtained. Its colour ranges through various tones of yellow and its flavour is sweetish, with a large quantity of linoleic acid. Its characteristics also vary slightly depending on which village it comes from.
Oplysninger om produkt
- Type produkt: Others
- Sæson: All year round
- Oprindelse: The Designation of Origin covers the area occupied by the olive groves belonging to the county of Penibética, which includes Priego de Córdoba, Carcabuey, Almedinilla and Fuente Tójar.
- Slags: Depending on the variety of olive, they have different characteristics:
- 'Picuda': Yellow, aromatic, fruity and sweet oils.
- 'Hojiblanca': Fresh, golden, pleasant oils.
- 'Picual': Greenish yellow, aromatically fruity and slightly bitter.
- Bemærkninger: Rich in lipids and vitamin E.