Cristo de la Luz mosque
Calle Carmelitas Descalzas, 10
45002 Toledo (Castile-La Mancha)
Image of the rescued Christ.
It dates from the year 999 and remains intact to this day. It was consecrated as a Christian place of worship in the 12th century. A statue of Christ that had been concealed within a brick a wall to avoid profanation was discovered by Alfonso VI and El Cid.
It has a square floor plan; the façade is made of brick, decorated with a series of arches that call to mind the Great Mosque of Cordoba. Inside, horseshoe arches support nine vaults, whose design varies in different areas of the nave. The transept was added when it was consecrated for Christian worship, along with a Mudéjar-style apse decorated with blind arches.
- Bygning: Mosque
- Stilperiode: Arab
- Historisk periode: 10th century
- Omgivelser: Puerta del Sol square
- Fra 01 maj til 30 okt
- Fra Mandag til Fredag Fra 10:00 til 14:00 Fra 15:30 til 18:40
- Helligdage og Weekend Fra 10:00 til 18:40
- Fra 01 nov til 30 apr
- Fra Mandag til Fredag Fra 10:00 til 14:00 Fra 15:30 til 17:45
- Helligdage og Søndag Fra 10:00 til 17:45
- Standard: 2,50€