Ambassadors' hall. Reales Alcázares palace in Seville
Las Doncellas courtyard. Reales Alcázares palace in Seville
Turismo de Sevilla
Dramatised visit to the Reales Alcázares palace in Seville
The site of the marriage of Charles V and Isabella of Portugal.
Peter I, the Cruel, rebuilt the old Almohad fortress and made it into his royal residence. It suffered serious deterioration over time and had to be refurbished during the reign of Isabella II.
The interior of the building is arranged around two courtyards: the Las Doncellas courtyard, where official life took place, and the Las Muñecas courtyard, for private life. The Ambassadors' Hall is beautifully decorated with plasterwork and tiles. The top floor is accessed by a 16th-century coffered staircase decorated with paintings by Roelas and Madrazo. Highlights include the furniture and the tapestries that decorate the different rooms.
- Bygning: Alcázar fortress
- Stilperiode: Arab
- Historisk periode: 10th century
- Omgivelser: Santa Cruz neighbourhood, ruins of the walls, Enlace tower.
- Fra 01 okt til 31 mar
- Fra Mandag til S& Fra Mandag til 248;ndag Fra 09:30 til 17:00
- Fra 01 apr til 30 sep
- Fra Mandag til S& Fra Mandag til 248;ndag Fra 09:30 til 19:00
Closed: 1, 6 January, 25 December.
- Standard: 9,50€
- Pensionist: 2€
- Studerende: 2€
- Barn: Gratis entré
- Person med nedsat funktionsevne: Gratis entré
Audio guide, Guided tours