San Vicente de la Sonsierra
Santa María la Mayor Church-Fortress
The parish church began to be built at the beginning of the 16th century within the walled enclosure of the castle. It is built in flamboyant Gothic style. Declared National Monument in 1933. The church has a single nave and a polygonal sanctuary. The Main Reredos is in mannerist style and dated around 1560. Its sculpture is attributed to the Beaugrant workshop, the polychromy is by Juan de Rojas and Juan de Salazar. It was restored by the Santo Domingo de la Calzada diocesan workshop in 1991.
- Historisk periode:
- 16th century
Guided visits by prior appointment. Phone +34 941334220