It was a 'polis' with the power to mint money and considerable importance in the Roman world. Ptolemy and Pliny mention it in their works.
This Roman walled city dates from the 1st century AD. Archaeological remains found in the area show that there were human settlements here as far back as the Neolithic period. Its location at 1,000m above sea level would have surely made this a strategic city. Here the Roman theatre, forum and thermal baths can still be seen. The mineral deposits to be found close by, along with the fertility of the surrounding land are other notable factors that explain the area’s continued human settlement.
- Bygning: Theatre
- Stilperiode: Classical-Roman
- Historisk periode: Romanisation (A.D.)
- Fra Tirsdag til L& Fra Tirsdag til 248;rdag Fra 10:00 til 17:00
- Helligdage og Søndag Fra 09:00 til 14:30
- Tirsdag Fra 09:00 til 14:30
- Lukkedage: Monday
Fra Gratis entr& til 233;