Alcázar fortress of the Christian Monarchs
Calle Caballerizas Reales s/n
14004 Córdoba, Cordoba (Andalusia)
The residence of Ferdinand and Isabella
The Catholic Monarchs reigned from this palace-fortress for eight years, and the Infantes María and Don Juan were also born here.
This building was the royal residence of the Christian monarchs and subsequently the site of the Courts of the Holy Offices, a civil prison, and finally a military prison. It is set among magnificent gardens, including the garden known as the Avenue of the Monarchs which features statues of all the monarchs who had connections with the palace-fortress. It was declared a Historical Monument in 1931. The building is also part of the area declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO in 1994. Since 1986, its gardens have been protected by town planning laws. It stands on top of the remains of the former caliph's palace.
- Bygning: Alcázar fortress
- Stilperiode: Gothic
- Historisk periode: 14th century
- Omgivelser: Mosque, Calahorra tower
- Mandag Fra 08:30 til 20:15
- Fra Tirsdag til Fredag Fra 08:30 til 20:45
- Fra Lørdag til - Fra 08:30 til 20:15
- Helligdage og Søndag Fra 08:30 til 20:15
- Lukkedage: Monday
- Standard: 4,5€
- Reduceret: 2,25€
- Gratis entré De martes a viernes de 8.30 a 9.30 h.
- Barn: Gratis entré