El Puerto de Santa María Priory Church
The patronage of the Dukes of Medinaceli.
Built on the highest point of the town in sandstone. It was built under the auspices of the Dukes of Medinaceli, nobles of the town.
Building work began in the 13th century but was not finished until the 17th century. There are three naves covered with groin vaults and side chapels. There is a Baroque entrance, called Forgiveness, that started as a reredos but was never finished, and another Baroque doorway called Sol which is the main entrance to the temple. The reredos of the high altar was replaced by a Renaissance baldachin and a staircase with balustrade. Inside there are images of great value such as that of patron saint Virgen de los Milagros from the 13th century, and the Nazarene by Pedro Roldán. In the chapel of Sagrario there is an altarpiece made of Mexican silver.
- Bygning: Church
- Stilperiode: Gothic
- Historisk periode: 13th century
- Omgivelser: Church of San Francisco, Church of Concepcionistas, Convent of the Capuchins, Town Hall, Castle of San Marcos.
- Fra Mandag til Fredag Fra 08:30 til 13:00 Fra 18:00 til 21:00
- Lørdag Fra 08:30 til 12:30 Fra 18:00 til 21:00
- Søndag Fra 08:30 til 14:00 Fra 18:30 til 21:00
Fra Gratis entr& til 233;
Guided tours, Shop