- Hvornår: Fra 25-03-2018 til 01-04-2018
- Hvor?: Badajoz
- Flere oplysninger: http://www.aytobadajoz.es/es/ayto/ferias-y-fiestas/semana-santa
- Kategori: Festivity of National Tourist Interest
It is a very deep-rooted tradition in Badajoz, in which many people participate. Most of the current brotherhoods in the city were founded in the 17th and 18th centuries. However, it is known that some already existed back in the 13th and 14th centuries, and that in the 16th century there were processions.
The processions start on Palm Sunday, starting in the San Roque neighbourhood with the Entrada de Cristo en Jerusalén, Santísimo Cristo de la Paz and Nuestra Señora de la Palma brotherhoods. The processions end a week later, early on Sunday morning with the Nazarenos de la Sagrada Resurreción de Nuestro Señor Jesucristo and María Santísima Madre de la Iglesia brotherhoods. Badajoz boasts top artistic quality images and has true works of art, like the floats, gold items and embroidery. Easter week is one of the deepest and most emotional fiestas in Spain. It commemorates the passion and death of Jesus Christ with processions, solemn parades in which many people accompany the religious images, and it is a celebration with centuries of history and tradition.
- Dato: Fra 25-03-2018 til 01-04-2018
Åbningstider og priser
- Fra 25-03-2018 til 01-04-2018
* Disse oplysninger kan ændres uden forudgående varsel