Åbningstider og helligdage
- At what time do shops and businesses open?
The most common business hours are Monday through Saturday, from 9.30 h to 13.30 h, and from 16.30 to 20.00 h. Big shopping centres and department stores open from 10.00 h to 21.00 or 22.00 h uninterruptedly. These big stores open sometimes on Sunday. In coastal cities, in high season, shops are usually open passed 22.00 h. Pharmacies open from 9.30 to 13.30 h, and from 16.30 to 20.00 h. In all major cities you can find pharmacies that open 24 hours. Pharmacies follow a rolling late-hour schedule, which is published in the newspapers, and is posted at all pharmacies.
- Hvornår er det helligdag i hele Spanien?
I Spanien er der forskellige helligdage, som gælder for hele landet, mens andre er lokale eller regionsbestemte.
2016 har følgende landsdækkende helligdage:
• 1. januar, nytårsdag.
• 6. januar, helligtrekonger.
• 24. marts, skærtorsdag (i hele Spanien, undtagen Catalonien).
• 25. marts, langfredag.
• 2. maj, mandagen efter arbejdernes internationale kampdag (i Andalusien, Aragonien, Asturien, De Kanariske Øer, Castilla y León, Extremadura og Madrid)
• 15. august, Maria himmelfartsdag.
• 12. oktober, Spaniens nationalfest.
• 1. november, allehelgensdag.
• 6. december, grundlovsdag.
• 8. december, den ubesmittede undfangelse.
• 26. december, mandagen efter Jesu Fødsel (undtagen i Baskerlandet, De Kanariske Øer og La Rioja)
- At what time are meals served in Spain?
Breakfast is usually had from eight to ten in the morning. Lunch, at restaurants, is served between 13.00 to 15.30 h. Dinner is served from 20.30 to 23.00 h. Many establishments are open continuously throughout the day, especially bars and cafeterias; there you can have "tapas", appetisers, and combo meals.Cinemas usually have flexible hours, starting around 16.30 to 17.00 h. The last showing is around 22.00, although there are cinemas with midnight shows in all major cities. Theatres usually have a single show, which normally starts around 20.00 h.Night time in Spain has a very special meaning, specially from Thursday to Sunday. Pubs, bars, and nightclubs usually stay open until three or four in the morning. In all major cities you can find places that are open until dawn.
- What’s the time in Spain?
The time zone on the Spanish mainland and the Balearic Islands is Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) + 1 hour in winter and + 2 hours in summer. On the Canary Islands, it is GMT, or GMT + 1 hour in summer, i.e. always 1 hour less than the time on the mainland and in the Balearics.
Spain changes its time between summer and winter for daylight saving. This means that the last weekend in October the clocks go back 1 hour (at 3am it is 2am) and the last weekend in March they go forward 1 hour (at 2am it is 3am).